The community of a decentralized project is the most important part of the ecosystem. The Builder Program is for everyone who wants to collaborate and help grow and support decentralized technologies. This program is structured to direct the community towards areas of participation that suit them the best.
Below are some common roles and associated resources in the ICON ecosystem. One person may also wear many hats.
- Facilitate networking between community groups and other participants in the ICON ecosystem
- Host and plan events. These may focus on ideation, working, or just be fun and social
- Form & represent community ideals
- Build products that contribute to the technical ecosystem
- Experiment with creating or using decentralized technologies
- Advise on technical steering for one or multiple domains
- Contribute open-source code
- Ideate and produce useful or innovative products and services
- Manage teams and finances
- Create relationships between existing or new participants in the ecosystem
- Self-start and promote yourself
- Communicate to your audience about the state of the ecosystem
- Facilitate open discussions, including those based around memes
- Let people create for you!
- Interact with products and services, potentially even as a beta tester
- Leave positive or negative feedback
- We aren’t sure, but we know there’s a lot more
- There are plenty of good roles that may suit you, some of which have yet to be discovered or formalized
- Discuss your ideas, skill sets, or motivations with the community for feedback