Summary and background
Icon Foundation is accepting proposals for creating a smart contract unit and integration testing tool for smart contracts built in the Icon - Java Execution Environment. Icon Foundation has been in operation since 2017 and has grown to include thousands of users. Smart contract testing is crucial for the growth and sustenance of the Icon Ecosystem.
This request for proposal has been published to gather bids for the smart contract testing portion of our Icon Interoperability Incentivization plan.
Guidelines for bidders
All subcontracting intentions must be clearly represented therein. All documents must be prepared and signed by those authorized to do so. All costs must be listed in bnUSD. Further terms are subject to development pending selection of a bid.
Project purpose and scope
The purpose of the smart contract test and conformance project is to provide a tool for developers to test and ensure the conformance of smart contracts on the Icon Main Network. The project is to include the following:
- A framework for performing unit and integration tests
- This may use an existing or a newly built unit testing library. If existing, then must prove that the existing tool will be maintained
- The ability to set ‘conformance requirements’
- E.g. test code coverage must be > xx%
- Feedback to the developer about their design patterns
- E.g. displaying the correct error message on calls from one contract to another (currently says “Unknown failure”)
- Optional: code auto-complete tool or feature
The contractor will be building the tool and marketing it to the community. Icon Foundation will also negotiate a warranty term in the event of necessary maintenance and bug fixes within a reasonable time.
Proposal timeline and project deadline
Upon contract award, work must be completed within two months.
Each proposal should include the following for consideration:
- Cost of materials
- Cost of labor
- Total project cost
Icon Foundation will evaluate proposals based on the following criteria:
- Overall cost
- Company experience
- Proposal professionalism and quality